John Stachowiak has over 15 years of experience in all aspects of petrophysics, from planning & execution of data acquisition programs, to core-log integration & distribution of properties in static and dynamic reservoir models. John has worked in both onshore and offshore multidisciplinary exploration, appraisal and development teams, in domestic and international settings. For the last 8 years, John has focused on evaluating onshore tight gas, tight oil and mudrock unconventional plays in multiple southern, Mid-Con and Rockies basins.
Anadarko, Denver, CO – Sr Staff Petrophysicist Rockies Exploration & Powder River Basin Exploitation Teams
- Created 30+ core-based, data-driven petrophysical models covering 10 basins in western onshore US & Alaska, for deal screening, acreage valuation, exploration well location selection and lateral targeting optimization.
- Designed, executed and evaluated advanced core analysis & wireline programs on wildcat & nearfield exploration pilots and laterals. Used evaluations to assist with real-time pipe set and targeting decisions as well as drilling and completion design.
- Participated in Powder River basin Niobrara appraisal/development program, including multidisciplinary reservoir characterization & well spacing optimization project.
Newfield, Denver, CO – Petrophysicist Rockies Exploration & Bakken Development Teams
- Member of multi-disciplinary Bakken/Three Forks development team charged with optimizing field development of a tight oil resource and exploring for nearfield and regional potential.
- Developed, planned and executed a complex, high quality data acquisition program for the Southern Alberta Basin, to assess STOOIP and guide exploration & assessment strategy of a rank tight oil exploration play, including lateral target selection.
Forest Oil, Denver, CO – Petrophysicist Eastern Business Unit (E TX-LA)
- Focused on Haynesville shale gas petrophysics & field development.
- Responsible for all petrophysical data acquisition and analysis in Forest Oils Eastern Business Unit (2-16 rigs simultaneously). Evaluated tight gas sands & shales in vertical, deviated & horizontal wells in both exploration & development settings.
EOG Resources, Oklahoma City, OK – Petrophysicist Mid-Continent Division
- Involved in large-scale Mid-Con resource play exploration effort.
Shell, New Orleans, LA & Houston, TX – Ursa & Princess Development, Brazil Offshore
- Completed petrophysical re-evaluation of BS-4 field, offshore Brazil, providing inputs for static & dynamic reservoir models.
- Worked as the petrophysical focal point for Shell Brasil coordinating the tenders for mudlogging, LWD & wireline for the 2007-2010 drilling campaign, including creating technical, HSE & commercial evaluation matrices, and assisted in creating new contract & invitation to tender documents.
- Member of Ursa & Princess (offshore Gulf of Mexico) development teams.
- MS in Geological Sciences, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- BS in Geological Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO