Narayan has 10+ years of experience in unconventional, tight-rock plays with a focus on improving return on capital deployed in assets and evaluation of prospects, using technical reservoir engineering.
Linn Operating Inc., OKC, OK
Engineering Team Lead and Sr. Staff Reservoir Engineer
- Lead reservoir engineering responsibilities of the TexLa asset team for Linn Energy
- Led exploration and development teams through the Bossier sands in the Ruston and Calhoun areas
- Technical advisor for Linn’s Merge (SCOOP/STACK) asset and engineering team supervisor for the recompletion program in Texas
- Project manager and reservoir engineer for Linn’s Mayfield area in western Oklahoma, Beckham and Roger Mills counties
- Introduced new method of mapping well productivity index, performed several ad hoc well spacing and fracture spacing optimization exercises and mentored/trained engineering staff
- Lead reservoir engineer set to improved capital efficiency in Linn’s Granite Wash asset – Succeeded in increasing return-on-investment of an intensive 9-rig, 600 million dollars per year capital program
Object Reservoir, Houston, TX
Sr. Reservoir Engineer
- Led research and development teams creating a commercial software, Limits, adopted by Chesapeake Energy, British Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell
- Technical lead of the Haynesville Shale joint-industry consortium
- Developed parameter correlation framework on well performance in the Marcellus Shale
- Performed well performance analysis on hundreds of wells in the Woodford, Horn River, Montney and Marcellus Shale plays
- Narayan Nair and Jerome Truax, Comparing and Estimating Initial Production of Fractured Wells Using Vertical Well Logs, presented at the SPWLA 58th Annual Logging Symposium. Society of Petrophysicists and Well-Log Analysts in Oklahoma, 2017.
- Narayan Nair and Mark Miller (2013), Cross-Play Shale Gas Well Performance Analysis, SPE 166468, presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference in New Orleans, 2013.